May 28, 2024
Archive

Fire destroys garage, car, tools in Abbot

ABBOT – A fire that is believed to have started from an ash bucket Monday destroyed a two-car garage on Gales Road.

Guilford Fire Chief Allen Emerson said the garage was owned by Kerry McKenzie, who had some insurance coverage.

The garage, a car and tools were destroyed in the fire, which was reported at 12:45 p.m. Emerson said the siding on McKenzie’s house was damaged as well.

The fire chief said a bucket of ashes placed in the garage earlier might have sparked the fire.

The Sangerville and Monson fire departments assisted Guilford firefighters at the scene. Mayo Regional ambulance and Central Maine Power Co. also responded to the fire call.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like