May 30, 2024
Archive

Electrical problem sparks Bangor fire

BANGOR – A short in an electrical wire was the cause of a fire Wednesday that destroyed a mobile home off Union Street.

The fire, which began about 12:30 p.m. in the back end of the trailer, was extinguished within half an hour, according to Assistant Chief Vance Tripp of the Bangor Fire Department.

A subsequent investigation determined that a short in an electrical wire connected to a clothes dryer caused the fire, he said.

“It gutted the trailer right out,” Tripp said. “It didn’t take long.”

The trailer’s renter, whose name was not immediately available, was not home when the fire broke out. Tripp said that the occupant was in the process of being relocated to a new home Wednesday afternoon.

Tripp said that no one was injured in connection with the fire. An estimate for the loss was not available Wednesday.

dgagnon@bangordailynews.net

990-8189


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like