September 20, 2020

Heating tape blamed for fire

BELFAST — A faulty heating tape was blamed for a fire which damaged a trailer on Tuesday afternoon. The fire was reported at 11 a.m. at a Lower Congress Street trailer park.

The trailer was owned by David Bodge, who was away at the time of the fire. The only occupant, Irene Cooper, escaped with a dog.

The fire burned through the floor and damaged the bedroom floor in several places. No estimate of damage was available Wednesday.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like