September 20, 2020
BANGOR DAILY NEWS (BANGOR, MAINE

Dryer fire destroys mobile home room

BLUE HILL — A fire that started in a clothes dryer destroyed one room of a mobile home around noon Sunday.

Fire Chief Dennis Robertson said the owners of the trailer at Chatto Corner on Route 15 nearly put out the blaze with fire extinguishers, but had to flee when smoke became too thick.

The Bowdens were alerted to the fire when their smoke detector sounded. No one was injured. The family was expected to stay with relatives Sunday.

Robertson said snowy conditions presented few problems for his department, which was assisted by crews from Sedgwick and Brooklin.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

comments for this post are closed

You may also like