BAR HARBOR – The teenager arrested after last week’s knife attack at the town ballfield has been charged with another felony, according to a state prosecutor.
Marc Daniel Sevigny, 16, of Mount Desert was charged earlier this week with aggravated assault after the knife attack last Thursday that landed a Bar Harbor 17-year-old in the hospital with a punctured lung and other injuries.
Sevigny also was charged this week with a burglary that occurred more than a year ago at Camp Beech Cliff in Mount Desert, Mary Kellett, Hancock County assistant district attorney, said Friday.
The youth allegedly stole a bow and some arrows on March 15, 2005, from the camp, but was caught after camp staff tracked him through the snow straight to his house.
“The stolen items were sitting on his doorstep,” Kellett said.
The burglary case was being dealt with “informally,” according to Kellett, but based on the new felony charge, her office has decided to prosecute.
Sevigny and the stabbing victim evidently had crossed paths before, Kellett said.
“There had been … incidents between the two boys prior to this,” she said. “The witness statements make it very clear that this was not a fight. This was one kid coming after another kid.”
Only one knife was found at the scene, Kellett said. That knife was a Leatherman-type multi-use tool, according to Bar Harbor police.
The victim was taken to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor in a LifeFlight emergency helicopter. He suffered multiple injuries in addition to the collapsed lung, including stab wounds to the chest, back, head and arm.
Sevigny was taken to the Mountainview Youth Development Center in Charleston after the stabbing, but now is home under house arrest where he will await an Aug. 4 court date, Kellett said.